- Juices A-B
- Juices C-F
- Juices G-K
- Juices L-O
- Juices P
- Juices R-Z
7 Flares Twitter 2 Facebook 5 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 7 Flares ×
Apricot juice is one of the most delicious fruit juices and the health benefits of apricot juice are numerous. Because apricot pulp is very thick when the fruit is juiced many apricot juices have other fruit juices added to make them more liquid and are then marketed as apricot juice blends. So be careful if you are looking for pure 100% apricot juice.
Beneficial Nutrients found in Apricot Juice
- Apricots are extremely rich in carotenoids, specifically beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin (anti-oxidants). These are found mostly in the skin of the apricot, so never throw the skin away. Juice the skin with the pulp of the apricot.
- Vitamins A, Riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3) and C
- Mineral content in apricots includes: Potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper and traces of cobalt, bromide, sodium and sulfur.
- Fiber and pectin.
- Natural sugars.
Cardiovascular Health Benefits of Apricot Juice
1. Free radicals are responsible for the plaque-like deposits of cholesterol in the arteries, making them rigid and narrow. Artherosclerosis and heart attacks are the eventual result of these build-ups. Beta-carotene in apricot juice is a powerful antioxidant that helps to lower bad cholesterol (LDL or low density lipoprotein) levels in the blood. Antioxidants get rid of the free radicals in the body. They help keep arteries clean.
2. The vitamin C content of apricots is also an excellent antioxidant and works together with beta-carotenes. It protects the good cholesterol HDL (high density lipoproteins). Vitamin C has another important attribute in fighting or preventing heart disease. It enhances the elasticity of artery walls. Elasticity of artery walls helps prevent high blood pressure associated with artherosclerosis (hardening of the artery walls). The heart does not have to pump so hard in order to circulate the blood.
Eye Health Benefits of Apricot Juice
The lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids found in apricots help to prevent eye diseases. The retinal nerve endings that send messages of vision to the brain are protected from both UV light and free radicals by carotenoids. Eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and degeneration are significantly reduced. Vitamin A in apricot juice also aids eye and vision health.
Health Benefits of Apricot Juice During Pregnancy
Apricot juice, because of the iron, vitamin and antioxidant content, is excellent in preventing anemia, enhancing health, and preventing sickness during pregnancy. It is also excellent for settling nausea and indigestion. Pregnant women need extra calcium and minerals. Apricot juice provides these.
Digestive Health Benefits
* is excellent for preventing, but also treating constipation. It has gentle laxative qualities. The pectin and fiber content will add necessary bulk and draw moisture to prevent hard stools.
* though acidic to the taste, is alkaline in the digestive system. Drink a glass of apricot juice before eating, it will aid your digestion.
* will help relieve flatulence and colitis.
* alkaline content helps dissolve gall stones
Skin, Hair and Bone Benefits
The vitamin C in apricot juices improves skin elasticity. The minerals are also essential for keeping bones strong, and hair and skin healthy. Antioxidants prevent aging and promote the immune system so improve resistance to disease.
Health Benefits of Magnesium in Apricot Juice
The magnesium content in apricots is approximately ten times higher than in most other fruits. Magnesium has two very beneficial effects.
* It helps to normalize blood pressure.
* Magnesium and phosphorus together enhance brain function. Both are present in apricot juice.
Apricot Juice Helps Prevent Anemia
The iron and copper present in apricots help prevent anemia. Both iron and copper are necessary for the formation of hemoglobin, the essential “oxygen and nutrient carriers” in the red blood cells. Apricot juice is as effective in providing iron for blood regeneration as eating liver.
Longevity – a Possible Health Benefit of Apricot Juice
Scientists link regular apricot consumption with longevity and health in general. Nothing has been proved scientifically, but a village in Pakistan where the people eat only apricots (all forms, fresh, dried and juiced), cereals and vegetables, have some of the longest living and healthiest people on earth. Vitamin A is also reputed to slow down aging.
Apricot juice contains lycopene that is known to help prevent cancer. Interestingly enough, lycopene is more easily digested when the apricots are cooked or processed as in juicing.
Drink apricot juice often and enjoy all the health benefits of apricot juice. There is good reason for naming apricot juice “The Nectar of the Gods”. It is not only delicious to taste, but it works wonders in your body.
- Apple Juice
- Apricot Juice
- Banana Juice
- Blackberry Juice
- Blackcurrant juice
- Blueberry Juice
- Carrot Juice
- Cherry Juice
- Cranberry Juice
- Cucumber Juice
- Durian Juice
- Elderberry Juice
- Fig Juice
- Fruit Facts
- Gooseberry Juice
- Grape Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
- Guava Juice
- Jackfruit Juice
- Kiwi Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- Lychee Juice
- Mango Juice
- Mangosteen Juice
- Melon Juice
- Mulberry Juice
- Orange Juice
- Papaya Juice
- Passion Fruit Juice
- Peach Juice
- Pear Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Plum Juice
- Pomegranate Juice
- Pumpkin Juice
- Raspberry Juice
- Redcurrant Juice
- Strawberry Juice
- Tangerine Juice
- Tomato Juice
- Watermelon Juice
- Contact Us
TagsAntioxidant apples Banana Beta-Carotene Blackcurrant Blood sugar Blueberry Cancer choosing fruits Cucumber Dietary fiber Durian Food Fruit Garden strawberry Guava Health Health benefits Heart disease Immune system Jackfruit Juice Juicer Juicing Lycopene Mulberry Nutrient Nutrition nutrition facts Pear Pineapple Plum Potassium Pumpkin Raspberry Redcurrant side effects Superfood Tomato Top Fruits Vitamin Vitamin A vitamin C Vitamin E Watermelon
Like Us On Facebook
Follow us on TwitterFollow @healthyjuicebox